Townhouse Deck

The New One 2015

 

20150527_154130
I reused the base of the previous wicking bed for the new ones. This shows the basic box of the bed with the drain hole on the right side.
20150527_155141
The building plastic in and box is now lined. It’s becoming a wicking style bed now.
20150529_100542
I didn’t have any weeping type for this bed but I did have some left over 4″ drain pipe handy, so I drilled holes in either side of the pipe and it will work just fine.
20150529_103004
Drain pipe buried, and this is showing the fill pipe on the opposite end from the drain. This I will hook up to some eaves toughing on the deck above.
20150531_183725
Showing the eaves trough and downspout. (by the bird house). You can also see the space I left underneath for storage.
20150613_090106
Down spout connected. Filled with soil, and tomatoes planted.

 

 

20150613_090100
The finished project.

 

20150613_090153
Finished product from a different angle.

20160807_144104

 August 27 of that year and we stopped watering, at least the top bed in the middle of June.